Top ten annoying things about Spotify
Top ten annoying things about the free edition of Spotify on Android mobile.
- If you watch a video in order to get 30-minutes of uninterrupted music you will often get interruptions (adverts) in under 30-minutes (often in the first 10-15 minutes)
- Changing playlists can trigger adverts losing your 30-minutes of uninterrupted listening in the process
- The Android mobile version works differently from the desktop version i.e. you cannot listen to the same track over and over again on the mobile version
- During ad breaks it can play the same default Spotify advert several times
- When listening to a song in your playlist and you want to remove it, editing the playlist does not always show that track or all tracks, only a selection and you can only remove it from the desktop version
- The suggestion engine cannot distinguish between genre playlists and often offers blended suggestions. For example if you have a playlist of metal and one of opera you may be offered operatic metal
- The musical adverts that you are served have nothing to do with your listening habits. If you listen to nothing but metal you will get adverts for pop or jazz
- After playing through a playlist once Spotify will next play through suggestions based on your playlist rather than your playlist again
- Sometimes the app just won't close and you have to go to Settings - apps - Spotify and force stop
- It can hang (a lot)
The above was observed (and found annoying) on a range of Android smartphones at the time of writing.
If you have any feedback regarding this article, or you have a suggestion for a new article, or just want to say thanks for the info then feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com.
Article date: 30th December 2018