This article archive is a repository for all the subjects that I have researched. Each article incorporates my research and findings on a particular subject, whether a computer security related topic or diagnosing a particular problem, or just writing about something that interests me.
They say that the best way to learn and remember something is to try and explain what you have learned to someone else. So that was one of my reasons for writing down what I was learning in an easy to follow bite-size article format and then putting them online.
When I started writing the articles I only owned one web site, a comic strip about a bunch of friends working in IT. As production of the comic strip waned, writing of the articles continued.
I myself use this article repository for reference purposes, often returning to these pages to remind myself about something I may of forgotten months or years later, or to update my notes with newly acquired information.
So however you found this web site, I hope you found what you were looking for and found it helpful. If you wish to contact me regarding anything on this website, whether you wish to point out something that needs correcting or adding within an article, or even if you have a suggestion for a new article; then please feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com
All the best, Dave
My Articles and notes on subjects that I found interesting..
- Lessons Learned as a Freelance IT Professional
- UK Limited Company Fraud
- Electronics warranty cover level UK
- What is Incognito mode?
- What is a DECT phone and how does it work?
- Install Kali linux on Virtual Box
- How to resolve common problems with NOW TV
- How I use LinkedIn
- Days Gone
- How to buy a laptop
- QR code security risks
- Humax FreeSat box maintenance
- Top ten annoying things about Spotify free edition on Android
- Is it worth getting Sky Q
- How to get the cost of your Sky TV lower
- How to fix Win32 Disk Imager corrupted USB flash drives
- My regrettable purchase from Dreams
- SKY+ box maintenance - How to fix common SKY+ box problems
- UEFI - Unified Extensible Firmware Interface
- USB leeching - the art of recharging via USB
- What is malicious RAT software
- What is a Download Accelerator and how does it work
- How to avoid and remove crapware
- My TalkTalk hell
- The HOSTS file
- What is a Denial of Service (DoS) attack?
- Top Ten risks associated with using Cloud Computing services
- Custom v Default installation options
- Top ten security tips for using a laptop on the move
- What is Operating System hardening and what are the benefits?
- Erase your files don't delete
- What are blind links and how do they work?
- Software patching - updating your installed software
- Backup backup backup - why and how to backup your data
- How to upgrade the DELL Inspiron 5100 BIOS
- What is NAT and how is it used in the home or small office?
- Whats in your index.dat files?
- Protection against trojan web dialers